Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's been a week!

Can you believe that it has only been a week since my transplant? It feels like it's been forever! My mouth sores have gotten worse so they hooked me up to a PCA which allows me to control pain medicine. I'm grateful that they didn't wait a week to do this like Queens hospital did. They have switched my meds to liquid form so now I have to bear the taste of medicine...yuck! It beats having to swallow 5 pills when drinking water is already too painful.

Nana has been taking care of me :). We watched Modern Family and a movie last night. Watching comedy helped me get distracted from my sores. I started painting a waterfall yesterday and Ian is showing me how to get as much color in the water as possible...so he made me use every color but blue to make the water. I wasn't able to go to his art class today because they have me hooked up all day to monitor my oxygen levels since they gave me the PCA. I meet up with him again later this week so he can show me how to do the cliff and background colors. I really painting and I'm a lot better at it than I ever expected to be!

I haven't been able to eat anything today...It hurts to chew and it reallly hurts to swallow.

My dad told me he is going to buy me a car! We have been texting all day and looking at craigslist for good deals. So far i have found a cute Mazda 6 for sale and a Honda element (like my momma has!) it is going to be strange having a car again! It has been since high school that I had a car... And I won't need to use it too much cause there is a shuttle and my bike which can take me to MD Anderson since parking is soooooo expensive! We are looking for a good roadtripping Car :) I'm so excited! Me and Cassidy have been talking for years now about doing a cross country road trip! I get giddy just thinking about it :)

I'm sooooooo excited for Christmas time! Chelsea is coming to Houston from the 27th of December to jan 07! Also my cousin Ale told me she might be here during Christmas break as well. AND my friend Contessa (since middle school) is planning on driving here for winter break too! OH I'm so excited to see them all!!it will be weird not being home for Christmas for the first time but I have family here and I'll be surrounded by friends and family :). It is very nice having these events to look forward to. The doc said that as my counts go up my mouth will heal...he said in possibly a couple of days or so. Please send me positive energy with healing words and hope that they disappear soon so I can eat!


I love you all and will chat again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment!