Monday, September 26, 2011

Mouth sores round two

Day +6.

So about a couple of days ago I noticed that my throat was sore...and sure enough, even with all my mouth care, mouth sores have formed again. Luckily they aren't on my uvula but they are sitting in my esophagus where the sun never shines (and my mouth wash doesn't hit) So, I'm back on a liquid diet :( even drinking water hurts...so far the only thing that doesn't hurt is ice cream. unfortunately ice cream doesn't fill me up like a real meal does :(

Cassidy had the last four days off from work and he was planning on spending his four day weekend here. but of course he had to get sick and stayed home all weekend so he didn't get me sick. what terrible timing! luckily nana is here and we have been hanging out this whole time :) Mom just left for Hawaii and she will be gone for 10 days. It's gonna be weird not having her around! Nana is here until the following monday. My Dad is still working in Clear Lake but he's been very busy (and sick) so I haven't seen much of him lately.

Me and mom got our first painting lessons last week and i've been painting up a storm! I've really enjoyed painting with watercolor and acrylics. I get my second lesson today :) yesterday i spent the whole day painting a picture for nana and it came out pretty good! it really helps the time pass quickly.

I will hopefully be here for just 2 more weeks but it all depends on my counts. I'll probably get platelets tomorrow but my wbc and hemoglobin have maintained their numbers quite well. I have seen a occupational therapist and physical therapist and they get me walking around and doing exercises. it's interesting being on the other side of therapy and also physical therapy for in-patients. the approach to each patient is different when compared to out-patients because it's more of a matter of preventing problems from occuring rather than working to fix the problems the patient has.

I'm doing fine in the hospita...just trying to manage my throat pain. Me and nana are going to go to BINGO tonight which volunteers hold twice a week. It's nice to have activities during the day which help the time pass.

I'll let you know if anything new happens in my life here...but I'm expecting it to be uneventful (which is good i suppose). I love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment!