Friday, December 30, 2011

100 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off I want to apologize for being lazy and not writing for so long. It's just been so busy with all my company that is here! Since Nana came snd left I had my cousin Ale over for a week and our friend matt here through christmas. It was so nice seeing them! Christmas was amazing. travis arrived on christmas eve and my apartment was all decorated for the holiday :) I think my mom and bucha would be proud :D For christmas there was me, cass, matt and trav. I'm so grateful that they were able to come and spend time with us...that was the best present i could have asked for. Matt left on the 26th and Chelsea and Big Tam came the next day on the 27th which was Cassidy's birthday :) We went to Outback steakhouse for his birthday. Coincedentally, Chelsea's bf lives in Dallas so he drove down to meet up with us and chels; He will be here until the 5th, which is when she leaves. To make things even better my friend from middle school, Contessa, just arrived last night to spend a week here! I havent seen her in a while and I'm soooo happy she is here!!! I'm so lucky to have family and friends here with me through the holidays. sofar we have had a lot of fun just spending time with each other and making each other laugh. I wish they would all move to houston!

So believe it or not yesterday I made 100 days since my transplant. I remember being in the hospital the first night and at 4:00 am they started my chemotherapy. I remember thinking that this was only day -6 and I have no idea how I was going to make it to 100. Through the exhausting days of the transplant and then going everyday to get magnesium transfusions, I couldn't have done it without all my support and family that has been here through the mess of it all. I am so fortunate that I had someone by my side everyday since I was diagnosed. I'm already going towards 7 months since I was diagnosed...it seems so long ago but at the same time time has been kind and passed quickly. Yesterday we all slept in and me, trav and tam went to MDA to get my CVC changed and re-stitched because the new stitching that was done last week came out. My doc still wants to keep my CVC in until it's clear that i won't need any transfusions...well i don't think i need it because it's been 2 weeks since my last mag transfusion and my mag leves are normal now (thanks to the 10 pills of 500 mg mag i take everyday). hopefully next week they will decide to take it out. anyways, the catheter nurse had to restitch all three of my stitches and it was really sore for the rest of the day. We all went to the Fine Arts museum and while trav and tam went to the King Tut showing, me, chels and drew checked out the rest of the museum and all their paintings. It was great to go there again but I was definitely sore from walking around for a couple of hours haha. Tam then made a cake for me and decorated it :D I think i'll have some for breakfast today hehehe. Unfortunatly they leave tomorrow at noon and i'm already missing them even though they haven't left! I hate it when they go :( but i am SO THANKFUL for having them here. all of them have been the best present i could have asked for for christmas :D

some other good news: on day 90 they did a bone marrow aspiration and found no blast cells or leukemic cells in my marrow :D :D My doc said i'm pretty much good to go once they know for sure that i won't need any magnesium.

well i hope you all had an amazing christmas and have a fantastic new year! I am so lucky that i am alive to be spending it with my family and friends. i love you all!

-Savannah

1 comment:

  1. A bone marrow transplant is a procedure to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow with healthy bone marrow stem cells. Bone marrow is the soft, fatty tissue inside your bones. The bone marrow produces blood cells.Get best Bone Marrow Transplant in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment!