Tuesday, July 29, 2014

As one chapter ends, another one begins..

I know it has been a while, but I wanted to thank everyone who has still been reading my blog! A lot has been going on since my last post:

- I graduated from the University of Hawaii at Manoa last fall with my degree in Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Cassidy and I are getting married on August 16th (yes, in less than 3 weeks!)
- We live in Austin, Texas now and are in the process of buying a house!
- I am applying to Physical Therapy school in October (wish me luck!)
- I will go to my three year check up in September at MD Anderson

I have been working in a chiropractic clinic called Salus Chiropractic (saluschiropractic.com) and it has been AMAZING working here. I have learned even more about what chemotherapy does to our bodies and how it is still affecting my spine and body even after all of these years. I am so fortunate to have found a great job with great people who genuinely care about your health.

I leave to go to Kauai for the wedding this Friday! I am packed and ready to go! Cassidy and I have been struggling to try and save as much as we can for the down payment on our house (along with needing to buy another car, furnish the house, finding another roommate...) but we will somehow manage to get it taken care of. We have moved across the pacific ocean 3 times, fought my disease together, got me through my undergrad together, and planned a wedding (okay, my mom has planned 90% of it :D), so I know that we can tackle this! If I get accepted to the University of St. Augustine, I will be in school for only 2.5 more years and I will FINALLY be able to contribute to our savings account! It seems so far away, with me not being able to work while in school, but I am so anxious for the future so that we can finally breathe a little easier and Cassidy can finally find a job that won't make his body hurt so much and truly enjoy his days at work. He has been such a support to me financially that I don't think that I would have been able to dream about living in my own house in Austin! He is my rock, and I love him so much!

This next chapter in our lives will be tough (yay doctorate school!) but I couldn't be more excited!

Love you all,

Savy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Savannah, it's Isaiah from way back at Fernandez Sports and PT. I'm glad to hear things are going well including your plans for PT school. I'm currently on a rotation in Texas in my final year of PT school. I just wanted to wish you the best and that you can look forward to big and fun things coming up when you begin. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment!