Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Give me the hormones!!

So i meant to update a lot sooner than this...but procrastination prevailed.

A lot has been going on in my world recently.  Last week was a good week.  After pretty much deciding that I probably won't be able to have kids because insurance doesn't cover the egg harvesting, the fertility clinic called to say that they further reduced the price of the procedure to half the cost.  Basically, the doctor is doing the procedure for free and all we are paying for is the anethesiologist and the laboratories.  They also gave us the most expensive medicine I need for free and switched one of the medication to a cheaper one cutting the price of the medications down by thousands of dollars.  This and the help of a small loan has made it possible for me to do the hormone therapy and have the egg harvesting procedure done.  It has been an amazing experience having these people at this clinic, and my boyfriend at my side fighting for every opportunity there is so that I may have a chance at being a mother. I just want to say thank you for everyone who has been praying, sending positive thoughts and helping me get to this point...because it means so much to me knowing that I could have a kid one day.

I got my medicines yesterday and started my first day of injections. Each medication has to be injected into my belly by a syringe with some days up to 4 injections.  I will do this for 2 weeks and then have the procedure to have the eggs retrieved.  Cassidy will fertilize the eggs and they will be frozen as embryos about 2 days before I'm supposed to go into the hospital.  My mom is still getting used to injecting the medication...she underestimated how sharp the needles are and when she went to "stab" me she went very hard and fast....and accidentally pulled the needle out before injecting the medication. SO she had to poke me AGAIN...owwww. luckily the needles aren't too big and I survived haha.  Lets just say I'll be having a beer before each injection to help me out.

I started my sessions with the psychiatrist at MDA; she might be able to help me with my anxiety I get with each procedure and just to have someone to talk to who might help me cope with everything that has been going on.  I will see her twice a week and hope to get Cassidy and my mom into the sessions with me one day.

My mom has an appointment to donate platelets on thursday.  Thank you!!

My dad is here for work for 2 weeks out at clear lake which is about 30 minutes away from where i live.  It is SO nice to have him so close to me! We went with Jan and Janet to the Saints vs. Texans football game on saturday (cassidy couldn't make it cause he worked late that day).  It was so fun! Unfortunately the Saints lost...should I be going for the Texans? Not sure yet!

Travis will be arriving on the 30th of August and start his testing the next day.  Big Tam comes in on the first of september! They will both be here until the 8th of September.  I am scheduled to move into the hospital on the 12th of september (my dad's birthday).  I should start chemotherapy the next day and a couple days later have my transplant. I will spend no more than 30 days in the hospital if I have no complications.  After I am released I will be under house arrest for another 30 days and I will have to have a caregiver with me 24/7.  My mom will be here until mid-october but I'm not sure what the plan will be when she leaves.  Hopefully one of my grandmas will come stay with me :)  I am definitely getting nervous for my move in date to the hospital...I'm hoping my sessions to learn guided imagery or other ways to learn how to work with my anxiety will help me during that time.

I have been working out twice a week with a trainer and it has been great! It feels good to work out and get my muscles stronger again before I go into the hospital.  I am excited to work with the physical therapists in the hospital and see what it's like to go through PT as a patient. I was told that the exercise facility they have at MDA is amazing.  I also hope to do some yoga and pilates at MDA before the 12th.

Me and Cassidy made 2 years on Sunday. So much has happened in 2 years I feel like we've been together for 5 years!.  My mom and dad's 31st anniversary is today...congrats! Me and Cass checked out the Houston Aquarium, rode on a ferris wheel and checked out tigers :)  I had a good day :)


I hope everyone is doing fine...I can't wait for all of this to be over!


Thank you for reading!

-sav

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment!