Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Hero Comes Today

So much has been going on lately. As the days get closer to me going into the hospital my calendar fills up with appointments to go to.

I started my hormone injections last week.  I began with Lupron twice a day and am now doing 2 Lupron shots, 1 Gonal-f shot and a Luveris shot.  My stomach is slowly becoming riddled with dots from the needles.  Cassidy has been giving the majority of the shots and I don't care what some people say but those little needles hurt!  The fertility clinic has been amazing; when we found out that they didn't include  the cost to fertilize the eggs (another $2500) in the loan that we got they were able to do that for us for free.  I see them to get blood drawn so that they can monitor the hormone levels and make sure I stay on the right dosage.  It has been annoying to do all of the shots but we are all excited about what the outcome of all this is.  Cassidy keeps saying he wants TWO sets of twins...oh boy...    The date for my egg retrieval is set for september 6th; I will let you know if that changes.  I am hoping to get at least 8-10 eggs...but it all depends on how viable they are and if the embryos develop properly.

Me and mom got into art last week.  We went to TJ Maxx and they have good books and beginning art sets that teach you how to sketch and paint with acrylics.  I have been practicing but drawing is quite tough.  I just need to practice.  My therapist told me that art is a good way at distracting myself and possibly help me with any anxiety I get with upcoming procedures.  I haven't figured that part out quite yet.  I did start on my first abstract drawing though...I am surprising myself on the time that I have been putting into it because I thought I never had the patience to draw.  We haven't tried painting yet...that's a whole other side of painting that I'm not sure I'm ready for. We shall see!

It has been wonderful going to the trainer twice a week with Janet.  It feels good to be healthy and get stronger.  I am still working to get my last 5 pounds back to get me back to my normal weight.  It scares me because I need to gain more than just 5 pounds because I'm going to lose it all again when I go into the hospital.  Everyday gets more scary as it gets closer to my check-in date.  My freedom and my health are about to go out the window and I don't want to let go of them.  That is an odd statement. however, because I'm going into the hospital for my health...to get rid of this cancer.  It is hard to go into chemotherapy when you are feeling well...I just hate feeling weak and sick when I'm on it and the amount that I will be getting on September 13th really scares me.  The fuzz I have grown back on my head will go away :( I just need to keep myself busy and try to get through this as fast as I can.

Cassidy is joining our neighbor in soccer twice a week starting next week.  He has a team with his work and they play on an indoor field.  Cass is so excited to play soccer and I hope that he has fun and meets people.  We had ice cream with our neighbors the other night which was fun.  It has been a while since I've hung out with people my age...my therapist is going to talk to someone about getting me into a group of cancer ridden patients that are my age. I hope I meet someone...I miss my friends.

My dad has been working out in Clear Lake for that past week and he will be here until after Labor Day. It has been nice seeing him on the weekends.  All four of us went down (up?) to Austin last weekend to visit Angel, Tom and their daughter Teagan.  We ate at an awesome restaurant called Chuys that was  super hero themed. Such good food! That night we all went over to my other cousin's house Pam and Chris for dinner; they have a beautiful home and pool that we all hung out in after dinner.  It has been so nice meeting more and more family that I have in Texas.  I still haven't had a chance to explore Austin and all its wonders but so far I do love it.  Unfortunately I found out there isn't a physical therapy school down there so I won't be able to live in Austin for school.

Travis flies in today!  He starts his tests tomorrow and my mom told me he is getting nervous about getting poked.  That's how I've been since day one! I hope they don't hurt him too bad :(  I am so excited about having him and Big Tam here for a week! Big Tam gets in on the 1st.  We are hopefully going down to Clear Lake and Kemah friday night to check out the boardwalk at night time (when it's not AS hot). It will be a fun week.

I have been feeling good; just trying to keep my appetite up and eating as much as I can!  I miss everyone from Kauai and Oahu and I hope to see them all again soon.

Thank you from:
The Alderetes, the Pembrooks and their friends, my dad's co-workers who sent a package full of everything Kauai-made, the Fishers, and Cathy for everything you have sent.  I love everything and really appreciate your thoughts :)  I miss you all!


love,
Savy

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment!