Monday, October 3, 2011

15?!?!?!?!

So last night Cassidy spent the night and we watched The Jungle Book!! I borrowed this movie cause i knew it was his favorite. i of course fell asleep watching it. Then, believe it or not, we slept in until 10 am! I only woke up like 3 times (for the nurses) but other than that I slept great! And the only reason I woke up at 10 was because 5 doctors barged into my room and woke me up. This time the doctor got to tell me the good news....which was that my WBC count jumped from 5.8 to 15! Holy Crap! So thanks to the nupagen i have been receiving my bone marrow was on overdrive to pump up my immune system. They stopped the shots and told me they will go down a bit to allow my RBC and platelets to come up too. My throat was feeling fine this morning and since I felt good they were convinced I could leave by Wednesday. This was all very exciting to hear! After the chat me and cass watched Evan Almighty :) Oh! my throat was feeling good enough to eat foot loop cereal today :) that really got my hopes up that i'm finally healing up!

Nana and Dad came over right when the movie ended and me cass decided to go for a walk. We all decided to walk up to the 24th floor and meet jan, janet and Evelyn. Evelyn was Jan's bestfriend in engineer school (and the only two girls AND the top two students in the class) and she was the one who connected us with jan and janet. Evelyn's daughter is looking at Rice University which is what brought them to houston today. It's nice being able to wander around on the different floors again :)

My nurse today instructed that my caregivers order me food every two hours to have me nibble on something. I need to link up my brain and stomach again and the only way to really do that is eat every few hours instead of a large meal. I don't get hunger signals and instead get nauseous when i don't eat. I think it's really important that my caregivers just order me food without asking what i want because I can't taste anything and have no appetite to eat anything. I sometimes hate having to talk about food and having to deal with eating because as the day went on i realized that I still can't eat real food because it hurts too much. it is very frustrating not being able to eat real food. so even though the doctor said i could probably leave by wednesday I don't think i am eating well enough and i am still dependent on fentanyl to keep me out of pain. I thought i could get rid of it by tomorrow but my pain in my throat and mouth came back and i had to use the fentanyl again. It of course made me tired and queazy and before I could eat anything i threw up :( me, nana and cass were going to go play bingo tonight but i ended up taking a nap and slept till 7:30 (bingo started at 7).

Nana leaves tomorrow morning :( Dad is taking over as caregiving and he said he is looking forward to our one on one time we will get :) we used to go on little dates together when i was real young; we would go to Camp House Grill on Kauai and I would always get a milkshake and then go to the video store and rent My Little Pony movies. I am also looking forward to spending some time with him. I am going to an art lesson with Ian tomorrow then we are going to go to Kim's Place tomorrow and look at wigs at the barber shop they have at MDA...I think I am allowed to get a free wig so i hope they have something good! On Wednesday my friend Kelly (who started out as my nurse) is going to come hang out with me and we'll go cruise at Kim's place or play one of the many games I have in my room. Momma comes back on Thursday!

I found out today that I will NOT be able to be on a regular diet once my counts are back up. This is because my immune system is brand new and is like a newborn's immune system. If there is any bacteria in any fruit or veg that I eat I can get very very sick. I think I will be able to eat fruit that I can peal at least...but still none of my favorite salads or sandwiches that have yummy fresh veggies on it :( That is definitely the one thing I miss most.

well I am very tired...I've been both energetic and tired today which just messes with my head.I hope you all sleep well and I will update soon!

love savy

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment!