Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Toe

Hi everyone! Thanks again for the many views my blog gets a day! I hope it helps with keeping you all informed and get an idea of what my life is like in my little hospital room.

As most of you know I got my second bone marrow biopsy done on monday to see if the chemotherapy was successful in killing all of the leukemia cells. I found out on Tuesday that most of the cells were normal but they weren't sure about some so they shipped them off to the mainland and by Thursday or Friday we should know if they are normal or leukemia cells. I hope they are normal!!! I will let everyone know as soon as i find out; my Doctor wants to do 3 days more of chemo and have me stay an extra week here if they are found cancerous but my dad wants me to get to my team in Houston as soon as possible so I'm not sure what the plan of action will be as of yet. hopefully we won't have to think of that and everything will come out good!

I've been having a rough couple of days. I've been nauseous and not eating much so my energy level is low at the moment. Bucha is making sure i eat something which helps; it's just hard to eat with no appetite. my sore throat comes and goes; good one day, bad the next. and to top it off....i have an ingrown toenail on my big toe! ARGH. so now i have to soak my foot in salt water because they can't cut into my toe to get rid of it because i'll bleed too much. it hurts SO MUCH! it's like as soon as one thing starts to get better, something else goes wrong. i have a doctor who has been monitoring my rash (which is getting better) who is researching to see if my toe caused me to get a fever. i was on a 2 day streak of no fevers but last night i got one :(. the doctor also said it could be a bacteria that is associated with pedicure/manicures called cosmetica; i got a pedicure the day i got sick and with my immune system being out of wack from the unknown leukemia i wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause of it. hopefully the salt soaks and antibacterial stuff works :/

I've had quite a few visitors! The Fishers (Scott, Kumi and Derek) surprised me on monday by showing up to my room! Kumi made a beautiful necklace and bracelet that i never take off and Derek got me a pillow pet that looks just like my kitty that had to go home to kauai to be taken care of. Then today Jade surprised me by showing up! we talked...then took a 2 hour nap haha. it was so great seeing them since i won't be able to go home to kauai before texas.


i'm getting really skinny...it scares me. i want to be working out like i used to but i have to take it easy. plus, i need to keep eating. i just hate being nauseous :( hopefully a good day is in sight and i'll have my energy back. keep sending the love cause i need it!


i'll update tomorrow or friday as soon as i find out the results.

love you all

-savy

1 comment:

  1. Hello my Kauai Look-a-Like!

    Your mom just told me about your condition. I am so glad you started a blog. It is very inspiring for your friends, family and supporters to hear your strength and endurance through your posts. What a story for you to share when this is all over as I know God will see you through!! You are in my prayers.

    Your latest blog follower,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment!