Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update from chelsea

I guess i should up date you all on the latest news from the doctor as of yesterday. Dr. Fukumoto has received some genetic results from the bone marrow biopsy (although the entire bone marrow biopsy has not come back yet) and from what he can see so far, Savannah is on the intermediate to low risk of survival, and so that means that a bone marrow transplant will probably be on the horizon. Now there is still a chance that the induction chemo could pull thru and kill all the blasts (leukemia cells) and put savannah into remission. this is still a one day at a time process. In the mean time Me and trav will be getting our HLA typing done which will determine if our genetic make up in our bone marrow matches savannahs, there is a 25% chance one of us will be a perfect match. Savannah will be HLA typed after the chemo has left her body, so not for another 2-3 weeks. Savannah has a fabulous attitude about her and I can't tell you guys how much your support gets her thru each day. I would recommend that all of you keep sending her your love and support, I know that its hard for her to talk on the phone for very long, but she absolutely loves getting mail, whether it's a card (she posts all of her cards on the wall) post card, letter or care package, it helps!! We are getting trav to refine the blog so that posting comments will be a bit easier, I know it's kind of difficult to figure out, but she also loves to read her comments. To post a comment create an account with blogger and from your profile you can follow sav's blog and post comments.
Every comment counts!! Thanks everyone for all if your suppor
<3 chels

6 comments:

  1. Chels! What a great sis you are :) Keeping Savannah in my thoughts for sure!! Anything you guys need just let me know! You know I live on O'ahu now so if you guys need rides to the airport/to get food etc I live supa close and work down there too! Feel free to call me!!

    Sending lots of love and light to you Savannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are pulling for you Savannah! Stay strong and positive, and know there are a lot of people out there supporting you. Lots of love.

    Gina & Zack (Gina worked at Tony Roma's with Cassidy and Rai--met you at the Pollard Wedding) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Savvy and Chelsea,
    Thanks so much for the update! I am praying for you..all. I am sending a small package today, and I ordered a turquoise wig...it looked like you Savvy. It should be here soon. I got to see Maile the other night. She talked non stop...about everything! She has so much to say, and has such nice manners, Chelsea! I love her! Jill P and I pray over you guys in the mornings (by txt! ha ha, lucky God read txts). Take care and send all the news you can!
    love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Savannah,

    Sounds like your spirits are high and your attitude is strong. I ahve a tip that might help with mouth sores. Get some Saline (0.9% Sodium Chloride Irrigation, USP) to rinse with and do it amny times throughout the day (you may need to get a prescription for this from your doctor). It's basically salt water but it helped me out a great deal! Keep up your battle & Beat the Beast! We folks on the East Coast are in your corner too. Remembre that Life Is Good.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Savannah!

    As I suspected I would not be able to do this blog thing without incident! I thought I had signed up appropriately but apparently used Tom's google account. Then I wrote a whole bunch of very insightful stuff and all things fell apart and lost the whole kit and caboodle. So Tom had to assist me in trying to fix the mess I created. I had said in the previous post I had a huge learning curve for FB and suspected I would have one for this blogspot and I was correct. I am giving it one more try and if I fail then I will send messages the old fashioned way....email! :)

    I have been talking a lot to your dad but wanted to let you know you are in my prayers. Anything I can do to help I will! As I said in my last post which is now in cyberland, memory is a crazy thing...I remember your dad (or maybe it was your mom or both) calling the family the legume family! Do they still do that? And who is what legume? If you don't remember ask your dad, mom, Travis or Chelsea!

    I'm glad Chelsea is there hanging out! Tell her (and Travis) I said hello!

    We Rollins are very strong, determined and at times quite stubborn! I think the Rollins genes will serve your well! The aml (will not dignify it with uppercase) doesn't stand a chance!

    Hang in there Savannah!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Savannah - I've been reading along and will start posting more. I have a blog too, although it's been awhile since I posted - mine is www.birthinbabies.blogspot.com. I had an injury and kind of abruptly stopped posting but you're inspiring me to get back to it. There's a few years of musings and photographs there. With only two exceptions I think, all the photos in the blog are mine.

    I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you or Trav or Chelsea, but I look forward to it sometime soon. Stan and Tami and I were good friends in high school. Last year Stan came through here (I live in San Francisco) and we spent a too-short afternoon hanging out and had a great time. The bonds you make when you're that age, those formative years, they're strong stuff and it was good to reaffirm that. I can see from the support team that you have that you have some amazing loving caring friends and family around for you at this rough time. And I think you're pretty incredible, your sense of humor and positive attitude through these difficulties is great.

    My Aunt Claire had AML, she was diagnosed in her 20s back in the 1950s and had a successful treatment and a long healthy life in remission- she worked for United Airlines, had kids, and loved her life living in a Victorian in the Haight-Ashbury here in San Francisco.

    I am thinking of you all the time, sending you love and prayers. It's great that you're blogging this. I'm glad about the rainbows and unicorns and hope that your uvula heals up. Here's a skit from the first season of SNL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCLPH3fnsDs

    xoxoxo love D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment!