Friday, June 24, 2011

Plans for the weekend

So.. I ran out of words for that last post :)

My throat has been feeling MUCH better; still tender but I am eating SOLID FOOD again! YAY! My body is still getting used to eating solid food; I've been on a Cream of Wheat and Ensure diet for a week! I still have to baby it at night but hopefully I'll be able to get a good night's sleep at some point in the next two weeks. I am definitely looking forward to that day.

This weekend is going to be busy! Tonight my friend Kailie from Kindergarten is coming to visit until Sunday! Sunday will be packed with people; Lauren and John always visit on Sunday (Friends since middle school), Bucha is coming up with Terry (YAY!), Kailie will sill be here and Chelsea leaves Sunday night. Bucha, Cassidy and Chelsea will be at my place packing up all our clothes. This is because I am going to be moving hospitals and go to Houston, Texas where MD Anserson Hospital is located. They are a cancer hospital and they had the most bone marrow transplants performed than any other hospital in the nation. We are planning on leaving as soon as it is safe for me to fly. In Houston I will have to get HLA tested and some tests done to see if I'm in remission. If I am not in remission then I would have to go through another round of chemotherapy before we even think about the transplant. Once I have my result about my HLA type we wil know if Chelsea or Travis are matches. If not then I will do a non-related bone marrow transplant in which MDA has done over 100. I am excited for the move; the nurses at Queens have been amazing but I know at MDA I will have a good experience and it will be there that I will get rid of this silly disease. We haven't figured out the small details yet of when i can go or where we will live but my parents have done an amazing job so far with setting up for this move. Me and Cassidy will sell some our stuff and send everything else back home to Kauai. Chelsea will take my kitty home on Sunday and he will be taken care of there. I just hope he and Bailey learn to be friends..he isn't that fond of big dogs.. :/

Cassidy will be coming with me to Texas; he is already coordinating with Apple about transferring to HOuston's apple store. He hopes to work the same high paying position but as part time so that he can be with me..otherwise he will be working 40 hr/wk and I won't be able to see him much at all. He has been such a big support for me and I just always want him by my side. He has been amazing with everything that has been going on and is even offering to ship his car over to Houston so that my family will have a car to use there.

I think that I need to make designated nap times for myself because I am pooped right now. I hung out with my friend Lani yesterday and today, then two other people I know showed up. My friend gave me some scarves that Chelsea is learning how to wrap on my head. It's hard to do! Hopefully I'll learn soon.

I miss and love everyone so much! I'll try and update more often but it gets hard when I'm all sick :( I didn't have too many fevers today so hopefully that means i'm getting better! I need my white blood cell count up to 500 in order for it to be safe for me to leave; I also wil find out on wednesday about how the chemo did and if my bone marrow is empty. If empty I can leave; if not empty i have to stay an extra week for more chemo. Cross your fingers and wish me luck that my bone marrow is empty and that I can leave!


Thank you everyone again for reading; I feel all the love and support you send my way!

-Love always, Sav

2 comments:

  1. Savannah, wow you sound busy, despite everything. I want to thank you for the sweet card! You are so precious. I know your folks are working tirelessly towards your tx planning. You are so brave, I know it seems like you have more on your plate than you can endure, but God will work this out, and use it to build bridges of faith. Please trust Him. I love you. Say hello to Chelsea and Cassidy . Praying in faith hope and love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Savannah,
    Just want to send good thoughts, vibes & prayers your way. You can beat the Beast, just keep that fighting attitude and high spirit that your writing portrays. Attitude does help.

    Another tip that I used to beat the beast: Whenever I threw up, I visualized some of the cancer leaving my body. I was also happy to cuss it out as it left me, as if challenging it to try to beat me. A total attitude lift!

    You're doing great! Keep it up!
    ~ Steve

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment!