Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainbows and Unicorns

So as soon as I finish writing my last post, everything pretty much went downhill.

It has been a rough couple of days. As most know, I've been battling a bad sore on my uvula and it was maintaining its soreness for a while until 2 days ago. It pretty much got unbearable. I couldn't talk, swallow, eat, and even breathing hurt it so bad. It got so bad my body broke out into a 102 degree fever that wouldn't go away. They finally stopped asking me to take stupid lozenges or throat spray and actually try some pain medication like vicodin. One little pill did absolutely nothing for me. After that failed they ended up hooking up to my IV fentanyl which is supposedly stronger than morphine.

within minutes i was with rainbows and unicorns :P

It has helped but i still haven't been able to eat or drink much at all. Unfortunately it makes me nauseous so i've been throwing up with my sore throat...not fun!!!! My fevers keep going up and down and the pain fluctuates but at least it's bearable. They lowered the dosage and increased the frequency i can push my button which has helped a lot. Right now we are just concerned about me eating because I haven't eaten a real meal in over a day. However, toast night i finished my chemotherapy (yay!!) and after the initial drop of WBC count they should eventually start coming back up and start the healing process again. The doctors have me on antibiotics which will hopefully control the bacteria as well.

I had some visitors today! my friend's mom Jan came by and gave me a butterfly balloon (so cool) and a little gift. Then my good high school friend Lauren and John visited me after for the second time! so good to see them! they brough a gift our good friend sent from california; she gave me alfalfa tablets that i'm going to check with the doctor to see if they are okay for eating because they are supposed to help with appetite and good digestive health :) It was good seeing them today and they will be visiting every sunday :)

good news: i ate lunch today for the first time and did throw it up after! YAY! cream of wheat with brown sugar has been my savior :P and i'm thinking about eating some pudding as well.

Cassidy and chelsea got me undies from victoria secret today...love them! that was VERY sweet of them to do that for me.

I kicked cassidy out of the hospital today because i told him he needs to rest, get a good night's sleep and stay healthy if he wants to be my caregiver. I can't have him get sick on me! so I'm sure he liked the vacation from the hospital :) i love him so much for being here the whole time and am VERY thankful for all that he has done for me. Thank you!!

Dinner is here so i'm going to try and eat some food. I hope you enjoyed the blog; i try and get one done as soon as i feel up to it so hopefully i'll be feeling good for a while.

I love you all so much! Thank you again for your support.
-Savy

2 comments:

  1. hey savvy!

    Im glad you are able to eat something and im glad that everyone is so supportive of you :)

    Love you
    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Savvy, I'm sorry u r suffering. I hope today is better! Sending lots of love and prayers. Love you,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment!